Health & Wellbeing
Healthy Early Years Bronze Award
Healthy Early Years London (HEYL) is an awards scheme funded by the Mayor of London which supports and recognises achievements in child health, wellbeing and development in early years settings.
Getting a good start in life, building emotional resilience and getting maximum benefit from education are the most important markers for good health and wellbeing throughout life. Early Years settings can lay the foundations for lifelong health and wellbeing as they help children prepare for school.
The most effective way of improving health in this age group is to take a whole-setting approach, engaging children, staff, parents, carers and the wider community.
In Healthy Early Years settings and at home, children will be supported to:
- eat a healthy lunch and healthy snacks
- drink plenty of water, not fizzy drinks
- wheel, walk, scoot, cycle to the setting with their parents/carers
- wheel, play, run, skip and jump outdoors and in the park
- have plenty of sleep
- sing songs and read stories together
- learn how to brush their teeth and visit the dentist
- learn about their own feelings and how to express and manage them
- live in a smoke-free home
Moss Hall Nursery has already achieved a bronze award!
School Travel Plan
We are pleased to announce that we have been awarded the Gold Star Travel Plan for the fourth year running. Thank you to everyone who contributed.